The Otto map coverage areas contain speed limits, school zones, playgrounds, hazardous intersections (as defined by a larger proportion of incidents at the intersections relative to others as well as some construction zones), crosswalks (actuated major crosswalk intersections), deer crossings (as defined by a municipality’s public works), and red light camera-controlled intersections. The roadway signs are digitally represented in the Otto maps and this information is used to alert you with a background audio notification as well as a visual road sign notification. The representations of roadway signs are specific to each coverage map that is developed for a particular town, city or rural municipality. These maps are not developed for navigation purposes and the application will not provide you with turn by turn instructions to travel between one location and another destination. The Google Maps (c) map on the main dashboard will provide you with a map representation of your surrounding road network if you choose to display it.
Note that when you purchase the Ottomobile Pro 3.0 app, you will receive one map free. Additional Otto maps are sold individually through in-app purchases. Each purchase includes the original map plus one year of free updates for that coverage area. After one year, the update subscription expires but the current map remains installed on your device and can be used indefinitely.
Coverage maps are currently available in Canada, the U.S., Australia and New Zealand in the following municipalities:
- Greater Vancouver Regional District including Vancouver, West Vancouver, North Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Delta, Port Moody, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Pitt Meadows, New Westminster, Surrey, Langley.
- Calgary and Airdrie (including Highway 2 between Calgary and Edmonton)
- Edmonton and St. Albert (including Highway 2 between Calgary and Edmonton)
- Red Deer
- Moose Jaw
- Swift Current
- Rural Provincial Capital Region (~50 km around Winnipeg)
- Thunder Bay
- Oakville, Burlington and parts of Milton
- Mississauga and parts of Brampton
- Toronto and parts of Vaughan
- Markham, Scarborough and Pickering
United States of America
- Menlo Park, Palo Alto, Los Altos, Mountain View, and part of Sunnyvale.
- Grand Forks
- East Grand Forks
- Melbourne and surrounding suburbs: Dromana, Hastings, Eumemmerring, Mooroolbark, Mill Park, Roxburgh Park, Werribee, and Portarlington.